GOLD STANDARD 100% CASEIN?
Faster digesting amino acids are desirable immediately before and after exercise to help refuel recovering muscles, but slow digestion and absorption may be more beneficial at other times – including bedtime when your body typically goes for hours without food.
Casein proteins are acid sensitive and thicken in the stomach. Compared to some other proteins, it can take more than twice as long for Gold Standard 100% Casein to be broken down into its amino acid subcomponents. By using only premium micellar casein as a protein source, ON has created a formula that sets the standard for slow digesting protein support.BEYOND THE BASICS:
WHAT IS MICELLAR CASEIN?
- Best-Selling Micellar Casein
- 75% Protein by Weight (24G of Protein per 32G Serving Size)
- 24 Grams of Slow-Digesting Micellar Casein per Serving
- Over 5 Grams of BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) per Serving
- Nearly 5 Grams of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in Every Scoop
- Very Low Levels of Fat, Sugar & Carbohydrates
- Ideal for Use Between Meals and Before Bed
Micellar Casein is the slowest digesting form of casein. It is separated from milk through an ultrafiltration process. One of Micellar Casein’s unusual properties is its ability to gel during digestion so it can release a steady flow of amino acids over many hours.